Thursday, September 22, 2016

First Year of Teaching... Say What!

This is my second year at University of Northern Iowa but three and a half years total! Crazy to think that I have this year and next year left and then I'm off in the real world! Many of you don't know this but I am crazy about Pinterest! Anytime I need any sort of idea my first go to in Pinterest! I found a ton of things about how to prepare yourself as a first time teacher or even a teacher that has been there forever but it's a new year! I found a blog "How to Mentally Prepare for your First Year Teaching"  The thing I took most out of this blog is Tip #3: Practice Sustainable Work Habits. This stuck to me because I really like tasks and to do list but I am terrible when it comes to figuring out how to prioritize it and how to time manage!

The second blog I found was "Classroom Management Concepts I Wish I Had Understood As A First-Year Teacher" The thing I took most out of this blog was also Tip #3: Confidence is Key. Which is so big to me because I am already so nervous no matter what. I just don't want my nerves to get the best of me. She also created an e-book that goes more depth about her three ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment